Sleepline.com has spent thousands of hours researching and comparing products relating to sleep. We are serious about recommending the correct products for your individual needs. We take in more trusted data points than just our own and encourage feedback. At times we are compensated for the links you click at no cost to you. Learn more about why you should trust our reviews and view our disclosure page.
Founded in 2010, Saatva – a derivative of the word Sattva, which in Sanskrit means the quality of serenity, balance and peacefulness – has quickly dominated the mattress scene by producing mattresses at a price point that is affordable yet with a quality that is on par with all the luxury mattress brands. Saatva mattresses include the brands Loom & Leaf, Zenhaven and Solaire, all specifically designed to suit different types of sleepers.
Mattress companies have come a long way and nowadays no one bats an eye when mattresses come shipped in a box. Shopping online has become the norm. In fact, a sizeable number of brick and mortar stores – from big name brands, no less – have shuttered their doors for good to focus on the online marketplace. But direct to consumer brands have known this all along. By eliminating the middle man, the overheads, all the bells and whistles, companies are able to provide quality products at a price that’s not jacked up to the heavens. And Saatva mattresses are way ahead of the game.
But wait, Saatva mattresses don’t even come in a box, you might say.
You are correct. Saatva is one of few that offers free white glove delivery. White glove delivery is a premium delivery service, marked by special attention to details, especially with items that require special handling, such as your mattress. Saatva hand-delivers your new mattress right up to your room of choice. This also eliminates any instances of off-gassing (which is natural but can be annoying) that come with most mattresses packed in a box. All you have to do is sit back, relax and look forward to some of the best sleep of your life.
Saatva Mattresses Lineup
- Saatva Classic – Luxury hybrid innerspring
- Latex Hybrid – Latex hybrid innerspring
- Loom & Leaf – Ultra premium memory foam
- Solaire Adjustable – Customizable comfort
- Saatva Youth – Dual-sided for growing bodies
- Zenhaven – 100% Pure Talalay latex
- Saatva HD – Luxury hybrid for bigger bodies
Saatva’s most popular and number one selling mattress, the Saatva Classic is a hybrid mattress which combines all the best features of both an innerspring and a memory foam bed. Innerspring mattresses have been the rulers of the mattress world since time immemorial (ok, since the 1950s). Hybrids are the level-ups.
The Saatva Classic is a pillow-top hybrid and pillow-top mattresses give off that soft, cushy feel that can only be found luxury hotels.
Hot sleepers will appreciate the double coil system on the Saatva Classic as this provides optimum air flow throughout the mattress, wicking away any heat that otherwise be trapped within the foam layer.
Who should buy the Saatva Classic?
Everyone. You have the option to choose which firmness level you prefer and is right for your sleeping position. The Saatva Classic also boasts a patented spinal zone technology to give you enhanced back support making it a great option for those with chronic back problems. A leading men’s health magazine even calls it ‘the best mattress for athletes’.
Pillow-top lovers and those who would like to recreate their luxury hotel experience might also like to look into trying the Saatva Classic.
There are 3 different firmness levels to the Saatva Classic. You have the option to choose which one you prefer upon checkout.
- Plush Soft – For those of us who like a deep, body hugging feel and for the strict side sleepers out there, this bed is for you. Combination sleepers who love a cuddly mattress would like the Saatva Classic too. Strict back and stomach sleepers though may not get as much support as they need to so they should choose from one of the firmer options.
- Luxury Firm – Designed to replicate the comfort levels found in luxury hotels, the luxury firm option feels more like a happy medium between soft and firm. Side, stomach, back and combination sleepers would appreciate its medium firm feel. That said, as with all mattresses, firmness can be subjective and height, weight and sleeping preferences can come into play. Heavier sleepers may feel that a medium is a bit too soft for them.
- Firm – On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest and 10 the firmness, the Saatva Classic’s Firm level is definitely not the firmest of them all. The pillow-top helps keep it cushy. Strict back and stomach sleepers however, will love the extra cuddly feel along with the maximum support.
The Saatva Classic has a coil on coil system that makes for an extra springy bed. There are 5 layers to the Saatva Classic:
- Euro Pillow-top – makes up the top 3 inches of the Saatva Classic. This plush, layer of extra comfort is covered in breathable, hypoallergenic cotton that is treated with Saatva’s very own and exclusive Guardin botanical antimicrobial treatment.
- Superior edge support polyfoam – high density polyfoam rails surround the perimeter of the mattress. This reinforces the edges and prevents sagging, making getting in and out of the bed easier. Edge sleepers (yes, edge sleepers) will appreciate this added little benefit.
- Individually pocketed coils – the first layer of coils is made up of 14.5 gauge steel coils which are individually wrapped to help lessen motion transfer. These coils respond and move to your body’s movements, providing support wherever you turn on the bed.
- High density memory foam – this hybrid will not be a hybrid without a memory foam and the Saatva Classic utilizes a CertiPur-US certified memory foam as their transition layer. The foam and coil layers work seamlessly together to provide the ultimate pressure relief.
- Tempered support coil base – the Saatva Classic’s base unit is made up of 416 tempered steel, 13 gauge coils that gives the mattress maximum durability. The coil on coil system also works to help keep air flowing through the mattress at all times, which helps keep the mattress cool and prevents mold and mildew.
Sizes and Pricing
The Saatva Classic mattress is available in two heights, 11.5 and 14.5 inches. No matter which height level you choose, the prices for each bed size remains the same.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $849
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $849
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $1199
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $1299
- King (76″ x 80″) – $1699
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $1898
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $1699
Saatva claims that their mattresses will hold up well for 15 years, which is the average for a modern innerspring bed. Their 15 year warranty backs this up. Verified reviews have nothing but praise for the Saatva Classic.
The double coil system helps guarantee its durability. Mattresses that feature coil on coil construction last for a very long time.
It is important to note that Euro/Pillow-top covers can deteriorate over longer periods of time. We recommend rotating your mattresses every 3-6 months.
Saatva offers a 180 night hassle-free home trial for all of their mattresses. Should you feel that the Saatva Classic is not for you, Saatva will refund your money, minus a $99 dollar shipping and handling fee.
Buy: Saatva Classic, $1299 (Queen) from saatva.com
Saatva Latex Hybrid
Natural, organic and non-toxic – three words that is enough to get you scrambling to get your hands (and backs) on Saatva’s Latex Hybrid. Backed by certificates from the Rainforest Alliance, Cradle to Cradle and the eco-Institut to name a few, the Latex Hybrid has definitely earned its place amongst the top, leading organic mattress picks available today.
Who should buy the Latex Hybrid?
If you are an eco-conscious back, stomach or combination sleeper then the Latex Hybrid is for you. Side sleepers may find it a little bit too firm since it only comes in a medium – medium firm, especially side sleepers who are lighter than average.
Those who tend to sleep hot may also want to look into getting the Latex Hybrid because Talalay latex is 7x more breathable than other types of latex in the market. This coupled with a coil system makes for a temperature neutral bed.
The Latex Hybrid comes in one firmness level – medium firm. We find that it is closer to medium to medium firm. Saatva claims that this makes the Latex Hybrid great for 95% of the sleeper types. Talalay latex, or even just latex in general, tends to have an ultra responsive feel unlike memory foam which allows sleepers to sink in a little. This almost makes sleeping on latex feel as though you are weightless – a nearer definition to sleeping on a cloud. While this may sound heavenly, a good number of sleepers may prefer a more solid sleeping experience.
It also features a hand-tufted organic cotton Euro top cover which may add a little bit of plushness to the bed.
Each layer of the Saatva Latex Hybrid mattress is handcrafted with high quality, sustainable materials.
- Organic cotton cover – Made out of soft, breathable GOTS certified organic cotton, the Latex Hybrid’s is hand-tufted with a cushioned Euro Top design. Just like its sister, the Saatva Classic, which also features a Euro top cover, the Latex Hybrid offers a hotel bed like sleeping experience. The cover is also treated with Saatva’s very own and exclusive Guardin botanical antimicrobial treatment.
- Organic New Zealand Wool – Flame retardants in beds have long been a source of discord amongst consumers and companies alike. Saatva utilizes natural organic wool, sourced from New Zealand (where sheep run wild and happy), to act as a natural flame retardant. This wool layer also adds a touch of softness to the top layer.
- 5 zone Talalay Latex – Saatva uses 100% natural and hypoallergenic Talalay Latex that is sustainably sourced and produced in an eco-certified factory. While it can be easy to say that something is eco-certified, Saatva definitely puts their money where their mouths are. With certifications from the Rainforest Alliance, Cradle to Cradle and the Forest Stewardship council, the more environmentally conscious of us can definitely rest easy. Offering 20x more pressure relief and 7x more breathable than Dunlop Latex, Talalay is the gold standard when it comes to latex mattresses. The Latex Hybrid also features 5 distinct zones of density that provides enhanced support in the lumbar region, making it a good option for those who suffer from chronic back pain.
- Zoned pocketed coil unit – Even with their steel, Saatva aims to be sustainable. Made up of three zones of recycled steel coils that work together to respond and contour to your body’s movements. These coils come individually wrapped which helps minimize motion transfer.
- Organic eco loft pad – Made of 100% GOTS certified organic cotton and wool, this stable base securely anchors the hand-tufting to prevent all the layers from shifting.
Sizes and Pricing
The Saatva Latex Hybrid comes in 7 different sizes and measures 13″ in height.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $899
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $1049
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $1399
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $1599
- King (76″ x 80″) – $1999
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $2298
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $1999
Like with all of their mattresses, Saatva offers a 15 year warranty. So far reports and reviews have all been raves. Talalay Latex, in general, has a great reputation for being durable and long-wearing.
Saatva offers a 180 night home trial for all of their mattresses. Should you feel that the Saatva Latex Hybrid is not for you, Saatva will refund your money, minus a $99 dollar shipping and handling fee.
Buy: Latex Hybrid, $1599 (Queen) from saatva.com
Loom & Leaf
So you’re on the hunt for mattresses that are made with renewable oils and produce fewer greenhouse gasses during manufacturing but want something that’s all foam then the Loom & Leaf mattress is for you.
Loom & Leaf is Saatva’s ultra-premium 5-lb memory foam Euro top mattress that would definitely not look out of place in any of the 5-star hotels anywhere in the world. Infused with ultra breathable gel – the same one used in burn units – the Loom & Leaf comes in a class of its own.
Who should buy Loom & Leaf?
Since it comes in 2 different firmness levels, the Loom & Leaf mattress would suit almost all types of sleepers. Back, side, stomach and combination sleepers will appreciate the Relaxed Firm while strict back and stomach sleepers should go for its Firm option.
Since the Loom & Leaf is fairly hefty for an an all foam mattress, heavier sleepers may find that they would get the support they need from it. If you are skimming above 300 lbs though, you may want to look at Saatva’s other offerings made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Those who sleep hot will appreciate Saatva’s use of the very same material that is being used in burn units infused all throughout the top layer of every Loom & Leaf mattress.
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes in 2 firmness levels, which you have the option to choose upon checkout.
- Relaxed Firm – Falling in between a 5-7 on the soft to firm mattress scale with 10 being the firmest, Loom & Leaf’s Relaxed Firm can be deemed medium to medium firm. This is also Loom & Leaf’s most popular option as it suits the vast majority of sleepers out there. It allows for healthy spinal alignment, no matter whether you sleep on your back, side or stomach. Couples with different sleeping positions will definitely appreciate its neutral feel.
- Firm – Coming at an 8 on the firmness scale, it definitely is made for those who sleep strictly on their backs and stomachs. Side and combination sleepers may find this bed a little too hard for their liking (and their joints).
There are 4 layers to the Loom & Leaf mattress. All these 4 layers work together seamlessly to create a luxury bed that is not only pressure-relieving but eco-friendly as well.
- Quilted organic cotton cover – Soft, breathable and hypoallergenic, Loom & Leaf’s 100% organic cotton cover is treated with Saatva’s exclusive Guardin botanical antimicrobial treatment. Saatva utilizes this technology with all of their mattress offerings.
- Cooling gel-infused foam – As we have mentioned above, the Loom & Leaf’s gel-infused foam layer uses the same gel material used in burn units in hospitals. This definitely helps hot sleepers sleep cool. This top comfort layer also provides maximum spinal support.
- Ultra premium 5-lb memory foam – Definitely not skimping on the memory foam here, Loom & Leaf’s 5-lb memory foam is large and in charge. This high-density memory foam is what gives the Loom & Leaf its long-lasting support capabilities as well as its pressure point relieving qualities.
- High density foam base – Made up of layers of high density polyfoam which gives the Loom & Leaf durability and stability.
Sizes and Pricing
The Loom & Leaf mattress comes in 8 sizes and measures 12″ tall.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $899
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $999
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $1499
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $1599
- King (76″ x 80″) – $1899
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $2198
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $1899
- Split Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $2276
All of Saatva’s mattresses are backed by a 15 year warranty and the Loom & Leaf is no exception. Memory foam mattresses usually last 8-10 years and Saatva’s warranty more than covers that.
Saatva makes is a point to never pressure you into buying their mattresses. They offer a 180 night home trial for all of their mattresses. Should you feel that the Loom & Leaf is not the one for you, they offer a hassle-free return and exchange program.
Buy: Loom & Leaf, $1599 (Queen) from saatva.com
Now, you didn’t think Saatva would let themselves get behind on the times, did you? Mattress companies have begun churning out mattresses that would look more at home in a Christopher Nolan movie. Buttons, levers, remote controls, sleeping – quite literally – on air. The Solaire Adjustable gives us all that and more.
One of the two specialty beds that Saatva makes, the Solaire Adjustable is an air bed/memory foam/latex mattress in one. Made especially for couples with very specific sleeping concerns, this bed comes with not two, not four, not six but 50 different firmness levels. Read that? FIFTY.
Who should buy the Solaire Adjustable?
The Solaire Adjustable was made for sleepers with specific sleeping concerns – chronic back and neck pain, those in recovery from surgery, bone density problems, pregnant women, you name it. But even if you are just a couple with different sleeping preferences and can’t seem to compromise on a firmness level then this bed is for you.
If you are someone who can’t decide between an air bed, memory foam or latex mattress? Look no further. Who says you can’t get all three?
Due to its incredible customization features, the Solaire Adjustable is a great choice for all types of sleepers.
You and only you get to customize the bed to your preferred firmness levels, all at the touch of a button. Individual controls allows you to set the firmness level that’s right for you, using mm/Hg – yep, that very same measurement to get precise blood pressure readings.
The Queen and King Upper-Flex models are split down the top half of the bed. The Split King is split completely down the middle for maximum customization. This means you can get two different firmness levels on both sides of the bed.
Each side of the Solaire Adjustable mattress has separate reinforced air chambers that quietly inflate or deflate with wired remote controls that come with the bed. While it’s not whisper quiet, it’s not annoyingly loud either.
There are 6 layers to the Solaire Adjustable mattress and each layer is designed to give luxury grade comfort with medical grade support.
- Organic cotton Pillow Top – Saatva loves their Pillow Tops and who wouldn’t? The Pillow Top on the Solaire is wrapped with a breathable GOTS certified organic cotton cover and adds a layer of cushioning for ultimate and luxurious comfort and support.
- 5 zone Talalay Latex – Made up of 100% natural Talalay latex, this latex layer lends its signature buoyant and responsive feel to the Solaire mattress. It is covered in precision cut holes for maximum aeration and breathability. It also provides 5 zone layer back support for optimum pressure relief. Talalay is also naturally hypoallergenic.
- Gel-infused memory foam – Taking things up a notch, Saatva included a gel-infused memory foam layer to the Solaire mattress because why not? Certi-Pur US certified and free from harmful chemicals, this layer of memory foam offers added spinal support while keeping sleepers cool. Memory foam also has the ability to conform and contour the body adding to the Solaire’s pressure relieiving abilities.
- Moisture Barrier – Because of its specialized construction, the Solaire mattress has extra protection against moisture (from the environment and from the sleeper) in the form of a moisture barrier. This barrier protects the internal components from bacterial growth. This also ensures a healthier sleep environment a mattress that will last for years to come.
- Vulcanized Air Chambers – Multi-directional baffle box design allows for more even support and reinforces the edges of the bed. No matter what firmness level you choose (read: amount of air), the chambers remain solid and sturdy, never floppy.
- Power Edge enclosure – The Solaire mattress features an in-rail air inflator that operates quietly and invisibly, so as not to take away from the pleasing aesthetics of your bed. No worries about hiding pumps pr hoses.
Sizes and Pricing
The Solaire Adjustable mattress comes in 7 different sizes and stands at 13″ tall.
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $1797
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $2495
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $2595
- King (76″ x 80″) – $3095
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $3794
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $3095
- Split Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $3895
The Solaire Adjustable comes with an industry leading 25 year warranty. All parts are covered for the first 5 years and all labor is covered for the first 15 years. This goes to show that Saatva are not kidding around when it comes to the marriage of craftsmaship and technology put into this bed.
All of Saatva’s mattresses come with a risk-free 180 night home trial for you to check and see if you have the right bed for your sleeping preference and lifestyle.
Buy: Solaire Adjustable, $2595 (Queen) from saatva.com
Companies sometimes overlook the fact that growing kids have different mattress needs to adults. Especially designed to help growing kids aged 3-12 reach their full potential through good sleep, Saatva Youth is also dual sided to help accommodate growing bodies.
Handcrafted with the same eco-friendly, high quality materials as all Saatva mattresses, you can rest easy knowing that your mini me gets the sleep she deserves.
Who should buy the Saatva Youth?
Parents of kids aged 3-12 years old should definitely look into getting the Saatva Youth. Designed to be flippable with each side corresponding to a certain age bracket, the Saatva Youth is also hypoallergenic and water resistant. Kids with allergies will definitely appreciate the fact that this bed is made with all natural, non toxic materials. Parents of kids with hands like sieves will love the fact that it is water resistant.
Let’s face it. All kids (and a few adults too) will answer that ever so tempting urge to jump on the bed. To avoid any headaches (and be the unwitting subject of a potentially viral YouTube video), why not get a bed that’s made to stand the test of renegade jumpers, I mean, time?
Parents with multiple kids will also appreciate the durability of the Saatva Youth mattress. It could be more cost effective to have your kids shuffle through mattresses as they age, just make sure that the mattresses are still holding up well. To ensure this, always use a mattress protector and clean as you go. We have a comprehensive mattress care and cleaning guide here.
The Saatva Youth does not measure their firmness levels through a soft to firm scale but rather by age:
- 3-7 years old – Designed for younger children, this side offers softer, plush comfort and support which helps soothe your little one to sleep.
- 8-12 years old – The second slightly firmer side, designed for older children, offers Saatva’s trademarked active spinal-wiring technology which provides enhanced lumbar support. This ensures your child’s growing body achieves proper sleep positioning as he grows.
The Saatva Youth is a hybrid mattress and this means it has both memory foam and a coil system. There are three layers to each side, every one of then handcrafted and engineered to fit age-specific needs of a growing child
3-7 year old side:
- Organic cotton cover – Soft, breathable with a water-resistant finish and a waterproof barrier, the Saatva Youth’s cover is also treated with Saatva’s exclusive Guardin botanical antimicrobial treatment. This cover also contains a natural flame retardant made out of thistles which is non-toxic and non-irritating.
- 5 zone support layer – Made up of Certi-PUR US certified memory foam, this comfort layer is firmer in the center to maintain proper spinal alignment for growing kids.
- Dual-sided coil unit – Made out of recycled 13.75 gauge steel coils, the Saatva Youth’s coil system is flexible enough to conform to growing bodies. A coil system also ensures aeration throughout the mattress, leaving your mattress less prone to mold and mildew.
8-12 year old side:
- Organic cotton cover – The same organic cotton cover that encases the first side covers this side as well. Since it’s made of organic cotton, there’s a lesser chance of having that new mattress smell that most kids will probably complain about.
- High-density comfort foam – Firmer, denser yet breathable memory foam provides a more supportive sleep.
- Lumbar zone support – This layer boasts a patented spinal support technology that helps maintain proper spine alignment for growing kids.
Sizes and Pricing
The Saatva Youth comes in 3 kid-friendly sizes and measures 10″ tall.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $699
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $799
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $899
Saatva offers a 12 year warranty for the Saatva Youth. More than enough time to watch the kids grow.
All of Saatva’s mattresses have a 180 night trial period. But if for any reason, the bed wouldn’t be suitable then Saatva offers a hassle free return service minus a $99 handling fee.
Buy: Saatva Youth, $899 (Full) from saatva.com
Zenhaven is Saatva’s all latex premium mattress offering. Featuring all natural, all organic materials from the inside out, Zenhaven is fast becoming a favorite amongst the eco-conscious crowd.
Latex is naturally cooler than most memory foam mattresses making it a great option for hot sleepers. But the best part about the Zenhaven mattress is that its flippable and has 2 varying firmness levels on each side. You are essentially getting 2 premium mattresses for the price of one.
Who should buy the Zenhaven Latex?
Because you have the option to choose between two firmness levels in just one bed, this makes the Zenhaven suitable for all types of sleepers. Back, side, stomach or combination – there’s something for everyone. This also makes it an excellent choice for couples with varied sleeping styles.
Those who weigh over 250 lbs though may want to look at Saatva’s other mattress offerings such as the Saatva Classic or the Saatva HD, which is made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Zenhaven comes in two different firmness levels.
- Luxury Plush – Ranging about 4-5 in the soft to firm mattress scale with 1 being very soft and 10 being extra firm, Zenhaven’s Luxury Plush option sits squarely in the middle. This makes it a medium soft to medium bed which can provide back and joint support most sleepers need.
- Gentle Firm – Sitting at a 7-8 on the firmness scale, we place this on a medium firm to firm. Strict back and stomach sleepers would benefit from a firmer bed as this helps with proper spinal alignment.
The Zenhaven mattress is made up of 4 environmentally friendly layers that are designed to give you pressure-free comfort and peace of mind for a good night’s rest. Due to latex’s ultra responsive and almost bouncy feel, there is no danger of feeling like you’re sinking into the bed.
- 5 zone Talalay Latex – Made up of 100% all natural and hypoallergenic Talalay Latex, the 5 zone comfort layer is designed to provide enhanced support for the lumbar region while giving maximum pressure relief. Talalay is 10x more supportive than Dunlop Latex which makes this bed a top choice for the more eco-conscious back and stomach sleepers who prefer latex mattresses.
- Talalay Latex support cores – Again made up of 100% natural Latex, these highly resilient and durable layers provide added support where your body may need it.
- Organic New Zealand wool – Underneath the Zenhaven’s outer cover is layer of organic wool which acts as a natural fire retardant. Some mattress companies use pesky chemicals as a fire barrier, others even use fiberglass and Saatva ensures that their mattresses are all chemical and fiberglass free.
- Quilted organic cotton cover – Soft, breathable and hypoallergenic, the Zenhaven’s outer cover is made out of 100% GOTS certified organic cotton lending your bed a nice, earthy smell. As with all of Saatva mattresses, the Zenhaven is treated with a proprietary antimicrobial treatment made from botanicals.
Sizes and Pricing
The Zenhaven mattress comes in 7 sizes and measure 10″ tall.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $1199
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $1399
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $1799
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $2199
- King (76″ x 80″) – $2799
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $2998
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $2799
The Zenhaven mattress comes with a 20 year warranty. Talalay Latex naturally is quite durable making it one of the most premium materials for mattresses in the market today. A vast majority of verified reviews claim that their Zenhavens have help up well and then some.
Saatva offers a 180 night trial for the Zenhaven mattress which is more than enough time to find out if this mattress is the right one for you.
Buy: Zenhaven Latex, $2199 (Queen) from saatva.com
Weigh over 250 lbs and every bed feels as though you’re laying on a rock? Saatva HD to the rescue. The first ever luxury heavy duty bed made especially for heavier sleepers, the Saatva HD is the first in its class.
Who should buy the Saatva HD?
Those who weigh over 250 lbs up to 500 lbs and are looking for a supportive yet comfortable bed, then the Saatva HD is for you. Most mattress companies have not really taken heavyweight sleepers into consideration and Saatva aims to change that. Everyone deserves a great bed.
Depending on your weight, the Saatva HD will feel quite different for each sleeper type. That said, it will accommodate all types of sleepers from back, side, stomach and even combination sleepers. It’s a medium to medium firm feel but due to its lux pillow top layer, there’s the added cushy factor for those of you who would prefer a softer bed.
Even at first glance, one can really tell that the Saatva HD is an extremely well-made mattress. It is made up of 5 premium layers:
- Euro Pillow top – Featuring a hand-tufted finish, the Saatva HD’s Euro Pillow top adds to its lux, hotel bed-like feel. This added layer of comfort is covered in breathable, hypoallergenic organic cotton and is treated with Saatva’s proprietary Guardin botanical antimicorbial treatment.
- 5 zone Talalay Latex – Saatva loves their Talalay and with good reason. Ultra responsive and durable, Saatva HD’s 5 zone Talalay latex comfort layer provides support to the lumbar region – especially crucial for those who are heavier. Talalay is also cooler and helps keep the bed temperature neutral.
- Comfort foam layers – Made up of a unique combination of CertiPur-US certified memory foam and support foam contour, this transition layer conforms and contours to the body providing maximum pressure relief and improved circulation.
- High-durability coil base – 12.5 gauge recycled steel coils make up the Saatva HD’s coil base. 25% stronger than the industry standard and threaded with 17 gauge helical wire, the coils are reinforced to help reduce motion transfer. Saatva also utilizes their own patented spinal technology within their coil system for added back and spinal support.
- Durable edge support – High density foam rails encase the perimeter of the mattress giving it firmer, stronger edges. This prevents sagging and helps sleepers get in and out of bed easily.
Sizes and Pricing
The Saatva HD comes in 7 sizes and measures 15.5″ tall.
- Twin (38″ x 75″) – $1299
- Twin XL (38″ x 80″) – $1499
- Full (54″ x 75″) – $1799
- Queen (60″ x 80″) – $2399
- King (76″ x 80″) – $2699
- Split King (76″ x 80″) – $3098
- Cal King (72″ x 84″) – $2699
The combination of Talalay latex and a coil system makes for a monster of a bed. Saatva offers a 20 year warranty for the Saatva HD. Verified reviews confirm its longevity, durability and benefits.
Saatva offers a 180 night hassle-free home trial for all of their mattresses. Should you feel that their mattresses are not for you, Saatva offers a return and exchange program that won’t let you lift a finger.
Buy: Saatva HD, $2399 (Queen) from saatva.com
Saatva Mattresses compared
|Brand||Saatva Classic||Latex Hybrid||Loom & Leaf||Solaire Adjustable||Saatva Youth||Zenhaven||Saatva HD|
|Feel||Plush Soft/Luxury Firm/Firm||Medium Firm||Relaxed Firm/Firm||50 Different Levels||Medium Soft to Medium Firm||Luxury Plush/Gentle Firm||Medium to Medium Firm|
|Motion Transfer||Minimal to none||Minimal to none||Minimal to none||Minimal to none||Minimal to none||Minimal to none||Minimal to none|
|Sleeping Position||All sleeper types||Back, stomach and combination sleepers||All sleeper types||All sleeper types||All sleeper types||All sleeper types||Heavier sleeper types|
|Price (Queen)||$1299||$1599||$1599||$2595||$899 (Full)||$2199||$2399|
|Jump to Review||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Link to buy||Buy Classic||Buy Latex Hybrid||Buy Loom & Leaf||Buy Solair Adjustable||Buy Saatva Youth||Buy Zenhaven||Buy Saatva HD|
Saatva Mattresses FAQs
- What hotels use Saatva mattresses?
A: As of this writing, there are no verified reports of any hotels in the United States who use Saatva mattresses for their beds. That said, not all hotels disclose their information, especially with something as important as a bed. We are fairly certain some high-end boutique hotels may be using Saatva mattresses.
2. Do Saatva mattresses contain fiberglass?
A: Saatva mattresses do not contain fiberglass. Saatva ensures that all of their products adhere to strict safety protocols from sourcing to the bedroom.
3. Who makes Saatva mattresses?
A: All of Saatva’s mattresses are sourced and made in the United States of America. Saatva, as a brand, makes these mattresses.
4. What mattress is comparable to Saatva?
A: There are a few mattress brands that are comparable to Saatva, although this may depend on the type of mattress they produce. For instance Saatva’s Solaire Adjustable is comparable to Sleep Number.
5. Where is Saatva located?
A: Saatva has different offices and factories throughout the United States but their corporate headquarters are in New York City, NY.
About Saatva, Inc.
Launched in 2010, Saatva sought to shake up the mattress industry by providing a premium online mattress shopping experience. One of the few companies to utilize white glove delivery, Saatva’s service matches the quality of their mattresses – world class.
All of Saatva’s mattresses are produced in the USA in adherence with safety and environmental standards.
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – (877) 672-2882
Chat function is available on their website 24/7.
The mattress currently has a 4.9/5 star rating on their website with over 40,000 customer reviews. Customers praise Saatva for wide choice of premium mattresses that help in relieving back pain, for having a generous warranty policy, and for their white glove delivery service.
Saatva currently does not have any physical stores. The only place you can buy a Saatva mattress is from the official Saatva.com website.
How we rate mattresses
We rate mattresses using the following criteria:
- Structural integrity and durability
- Firmness and support
Learn more about our mattress rating process and methodology here.
Related Product Reviews:
Psst... the sleep review industry is full of liars, sharks, and thieves. It's a modern-day version of getting ripped off at your local mattress store. So, why should you trust us?