Sleepline.com has spent thousands of hours researching and comparing products relating to sleep. We are serious about recommending the correct products for your individual needs. We take in more data points than just our own and encourage our users feedback. At times we are compensated for the links you click at no cost to you. Learn more on our disclosure page here.
The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. Read our full medical disclaimer.
What brand of CBD oil does Joe Rogan use?
CBD MD (coupon code: SLEEPLINE) – This is the *exact brand* that Joe Rogan takes. The podcast host takes 1000mg of this tincture every single day. He’s gone on record saying that it helps him with pain relief and that it increases relaxation.
Kill Cliff Flaming Joe CBD drink review
My initial reaction after seeing Flaming’ Joe CBD was – wait, aren’t CBD and energy drinks complete opposites? And since they named it after Flaming Moe from The Simpsons – does it contain alcohol?
First of all, it’s a non-alcohol, carbonated drink with fruit flavors. When it comes to CBD – it is still an under-researched ingredient and the FDA doesn’t regulate it yet.
This has left the door open to dozens of companies that hopped on the CBD train and simply made whatever came to their mind. Kill Cliff is one example – this company produces “clean energy drinks” with “natural” ingredients, no sugar, and lots of electrolytes. They also decided to start producing CBD energy drinks.
You may have heard about Kill Cliff from Joe Rogan’s podcasts.
Joe has frequently offered Kill Cliffs to his guests. Recently he started offering Flaming Joe – a Kill Cliff drink designed specifically according to Joe Rogan’s instructions.
|– Great taste|
– No sugar
|– High price|
– Not clear how clean and healthy the drink actually is
What to Expect From Flaming Joe
The flavor sparked my interest from the beginning – it’s an unusual pineapple jalapeño fusion.
Flaming Joe has a pleasant fizzy pineapple taste. A couple of seconds later, the spicy jalapeño note kicks in but it doesn’t burn – it’s just more like a not-too-spicy aftertaste. Speaking of aftertaste, there’s no ugly lingering taste that other energy drinks leave behind. Kill Cliff feels quite natural. Well, as natural as plant extracts can get.
If you’re sensitive to CBD, you may get sleepy from Flaming Joe, but it generally doesn’t have a strong effect – you’re most likely to just be chill and focused, like after taking a CBD gummy or two, but not like you’re sedated.
This is advertised as an energy drink but it doesn’t really work as caffeine-rich drinks, which mask your tiredness in an unhealthy way but still manage to get you productive. And jittery. And cranky.
Kill Cliff CBD drinks contain a small amount of caffeine – so small that the company doesn’t even state milligrams per can. However, it also contains Ginseng which, when paired with caffeine, can increase brain activity and thinking skills (only if both are in extremely small amounts – otherwise, the two shouldn’t be mixed).
Other than CBD, the main ingredients the company proudly presents are B-vitamins and electrolytes. These are important components for your daily functioning but they don’t really do too much energy-wise. It’s rather the mix of all ingredients that can make you more focused, just without the energy crash people typically feel after sweetened coffee or energy drinks.
Kill Cliff makes pleasant refreshing drinks, but since this one is infused with CBD, you probably shouldn’t get more than one can per day. The most you can expect from Flaming Joe is being happy with the cool taste of the drink itself and not feeling guilty over high sugar and caffeine consumption. You can also have a feeling of calmness and easily focus on your work at the same time.
Flaming Joe CBD Drink Ingredients and Their Analysis
A can of Flaming Joe contains 355ml of the liquid, 20 calories, and 25mg of CBD.
Here is the list of all Flaming Joe ingredients:
|Carbonated Water, Erythritol (Natural Sweetener), Vitamin & Plant Blend (Taurine, D-glucuronolactone, Sodium Citrate, Ginger Root Extract, Monopotassium Phosphate, Green Tea Extract (90% EGCG), Inositol, Ginseng Root Powder (Panax), Caffeine, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B2, Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin B12), Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Stevia (Rebaudioside A), Hemp Extract (Plant Saponins, Fractionated Coconut Oil), Fruit & Vegetable Extract (For Color)|
Ok, so what can you conclude from the names of these substances? Let’s take a look.
About the ingredients
- CBD. Cannabidiol provides relaxation, anxiety and PTSD relief, and relief from seizures and pain. People also take CBD just for the fun of it, even though the long-term effects of the use of this substance are still unknown. Many also claim that CBD helps them overcome insomnia.
- Carbonated water. Sparkling water hydrates you as much as regular, non-carbonated water. It may even be more hydrating for some people.
- Taurine. This is an amino acid that can be found in our body and in foods like meat and fish. Taurine is known to improve athletic performance and exercise capacity.
- Erythritol. It’s a zero-calorie “sugar alcohol” – basically a sweetener that naturally occurs in grapes, watermelon, and other fruits. Almost all of the erythritol available today is produced by fermenting glucose.
- Stevia. Stevia is a sweetener coming from the Stevia herb and is known to lower blood pressure. It is 240 times sweeter than sugar and Rebaudioside A (the Stevia extract used in Flaming Joe) has the least bitter taste.
- Inositol. Inositol, or vitamin B8, is actually not a vitamin, but rather a type of sugar. It makes up our cells and affects insulin and chemicals which help our brain cells communicate.
- Green tea extract. This substance increases antioxidant capacity and regulates blood sugar levels, and in small amounts may prevent diseases.
- Ginseng Root Powder. Ginseng is known to improve memory and thinking skills. However, since Gingseng and caffeine alike speed up the nervous system, it’s typically advised to avoid consuming them simultaneously as they can make you feel too jittery.
- Caffeine. Caffeine can keep you awake, but when it’s in small amounts like in Flaming Joe, the most it can do is speed up food breakdown and metabolism by a tiny bit. Again, we don’t know how much caffeine there is, so we just assume it’s less than 50mg, like a cup of tea.
- Vitamin B complex. Vitamins B2, B3, B5, and B12 are important for the body, but too much can cause skin conditions and gastrointestinal problems. In Flaming Joe, only vitamin B12 amounts to as much as 100% of daily needs. Generally, you shouldn’t worry as is the least likely one to cause any problems if you take too much.
- Monopotassium Phosphate is an electrolyte – a salt of potassium used as a food additive.
- Sodium Citrate is also an electrolyte that helps increase fluid absorption.
- D-glucuronolactone. According to WebMD, this substance has no scientific backing to increasing energy, but it’s still a popular ingredient in energy drinks. Glucuronolactone can be produced by the body or found in foods.
- Natural Flavors. The term “natural” is quite vague as it has no formal definition and in addition to the flavor source, they can add over 100 substances (chemicals like preservatives and the like). Even flavors coming from GMOs can bear the name of “natural”.
- Ginger root extract. Flaming Joe has ginger extract which produces some of that spiciness. The good sides of ginger? It’s anti-inflammatory and helps the intestines and stomach.
Kill Cliff CBD Flaming Joe Price and Where to Buy
All Kill Cliff CBD drinks cost $69 for a 12-pack, including Flamin’ Joe. The price isn’t the friendliest for the consumer, but it’s nice of them not to jack up the price just because they put Joe Rogan’s name on it.
You can buy Flaming Joe only online directly from Kill Cliff. This may change soon and you can see whether this drink is available near you.
Kill Cliff does have a growing network of stores that sell their products, and the store locator on their website is quite easy to use and can show you which particular products each store sells.
Shipping and Customer Service
Kill Cliff ships to the lower 48 states. Four-packs and sampler drinks are not included. Shipping is a flat rate of $5 for orders under $75. Shipping is free on orders over $75. Once the order is shipped, you’ll receive an email with a tracking number so you can always know where your package is.
According to KillCliff.com, shipping now takes 3-4 business days due to Covid-19.
No. 1 complaint about all Kill Cliff products is that packages sometimes arrive damaged. Some people noticed several cans deformed upon opening and others found a couple of cans missing. This is a minus for the carrier but Kill Cliff also bears responsibility because they are selling a pricey product and should pay extra attention to how the customers receive it.
Luckily, the customer support is friendly and quick to resolve any problems. Customers can easily get a refund on damaged goods and the company is even happy to go above and beyond to compensate for troubles (like sending extra items on the next order).
About Kill Cliff
Kill Cliff takes pride in being developed and operated by a former Navy SEAL, Todd Ehrlich. He has done extensive research on how to produce an energy drink that actually gave people value as opposed to conventional energy drinks.
Kill Cliff has partnered with the Navy SEAL Foundation and has donated over $830,000 to the organization so far. By supporting Kill Cliff, you’re also supporting the Navy SEALs.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: (855) 552-5433
Related product reviews: